Certified Transmission - Family Owned & Operated
Peter Fink opened Certified Transmission in 1979 in an abandoned two-bay gas station in Omaha with $1000 and his tool box. Since that time Certified Transmission has grown into one of the largest independent remanufactured transmission repair and remanufacturing facilities in the United States. Certified Transmission operates 13 of its own retail stores in 4 states and maintains a growing nationwide network of distributors. Certified has two state-of-the-art remanufacturing plants. The Omaha plant has over 106,000 square feet (almost three acres under one roof). The Fort Dodge facility has an additional 40,000 square feet.
Between all the facilities, Certified Transmission has more than 400 employees. Certified's dedication to remanufacturing the highest quality products, combined with outstanding customer service, has led to national recognition. We've also won prestigious awards that are not normally associated with the automotive repair industry, including the Better Business Bureau National Torch Award for Market Place Ethics presented in Washington D.C.
The continual growth and recognition Certified Transmission has received over the years is a clear demonstration of its business development, stability and leadership.
Certified Transmission not only strives to ensure that its customers are treated with respect, but also gives back to the community. Certified Transmission has provided support for various local high schools, Heartland Family Services and has worked with Community Alliance, Teen Challenge and other such outreach organizations.
Additionally, Peter Fink serves on many committees and boards around the Midwest, including the Heartland Better Business Bureau, Metropolitan Community College, Mayor's Round Table Discussions, and Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. His involvement helps promote and encourage the practice of good business ethics in the community by spreading the message that honest and reliable service is the cornerstone of building a successful business.
Awards and Recognition:
- We were the 1996 Winner of the Better Business Bureau National Torch Award for Market Place Ethics presented in Washington D.C.
- Certified Transmission was named "Entrepreneur of the Year" in 1994 by Inc. Magazine in the Midwest Region and also competed for national honors in Palm Springs, CA.
- We have been recognized 7 times as one of the 25 fastest growing businesses in Omaha by the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce in 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- Certified Transmission was listed in "Who's Who" during 1994.
- We were awarded the Connecticut General's Blue Chip Enterprise by Nation's Business Magazine in both 1993 and 1997.
- We are a member of the Omaha Better Business Bureaus' acclaimed "Integrity Circle".
- We were a Better Business Bureau Integrity Award winner in 1995 and 1996.
- We received an Excellence in Business award in 2005 from the Omaha Chamber of Commerce.